Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's a mystery

I went for my appointment with the intake nurse yesterday and after going over my labs and medical history, she said there is no way I could have conceived with my levels. My progesterone lab on 10/1 was <0.5 which is equal to post-menopausal levels. I conceived less than a week after this lab was taken. As a precaution, they put me on prometrium suppositories and baby aspirin. My insurance would not pay for a lab during pregnancy of my progesterone level at the other doctor(nice, eh?) so they drew one yesterday. I started the prometrium last night. I hope to have the results back today. I do not have another appointment until 12/09 and they will check me on the doppler and ultrasound if needed.
I'm trying much harder to stay on the food plan. I know that could greatly effect my hormone levels and I will choke down whatever I need to until the placenta takes over(at the very least). I am 9 weeks now, symptoms are strong(nausea,tired, etc) and I just pray.
There is no way "science" was responsible for this pregnancy. No charting, clomid, timing, none of it. According to science, I have already went through menopause. I will hold on to hope and faith now. I have no idea what lies ahead.

3 comments:

Karey said...

Wow! That is unbelievable. It gave me chills. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.

This reminds me to not worry so much about all the details..and just remember that when God wants me to conceive, it will happen!

Sew said...

Praise be to God!!!

FloridaWife said...

WowWWWWWW!