Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bit of a scare

Before my prometrium last night I had a tinge of brown spotting. I cried then got my wits about me and spent the rest of the night with my feet up on the couch. I did read a bit online that traces of brown spotting are okay but given my history and age, I was concerned. Mr. Thorn stayed downstairs with me most of the night. I kept my St. Gerard handkerchief by my side all night. This morning the spotting was totally gone but I have GOT to take it easy this weekend and not work(against my grain). I prayed a lot and know I am to trust. I remembered these words from yesterday:
Shall I bring a mother to the point of birth, and yet not let her child be born? Says the Lord; Or shall I who allow her to conceive, yet close her womb? says your God. Isaiah 66:9

I'm going to sit with a Sprite and watch TV.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I have been praying for you each day and now I will say a rosary for you as well.

take it easy and rest!

Your in my thoughts!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Prayers for you. I do get so scared when I see those things. Now that I think about it, every time I go to the bathroom, I expect to "see something". It's like I'm training my mind to not get freaked out for when I do. That's just sad.

Thank you for the vaccine info.. Wow about the vitamin K stuff. Just when you think things are safe...It makes so much sense what you've written that I can't believe I just fell for the "they need it and it's just a vitamin" line. I am so cautious about everything else. Boy oh boy, am I going to have some major paperwork to do at that hospital this time!

FloridaWife said...

Oh, Mrs. Thorn. I will be praying with you tonight. I hope this goes away soon. It's nerve-wracking.

gemoftheocean said...

Prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

I had this exact thing happen with Amelia. I had just recently gotten over the loss of our first child at 8 (or so) weeks and this sent me into a huge downward spiral. The Lord blessed us greatly and Amelia was born happy and healthy. I pray the same for you.

God Bless!