Wednesday, May 9, 2007

He might be autistic, I aborted him....

So I read this gut wrenching story on a man's opinion of the abortions he and his wife decided to have in the LA Times.

The abortion debate brought home

My favorite quote:

Some wanted to know how we decided to keep the girls. Partly, it was a matter of how the fetuses were arranged. Partly, it had to do with other factors. Some studies show offspring of older fathers (I'm 47) run a higher risk of autism, and males are four times as likely to be autistic. Still, I had reservations about bringing girls into the world now, when forces seemed to be aligning to disenfranchise them (nine of 10 GOP presidential candidates favor reversing Roe vs. Wade). I hate to think my girls will have to fight the battles their mothers and grandmothers fought.


At the risk of sounding shallow, God have mercy on his soul. What a coward and a complete bottom-feeder of a man. The selfishness of one couple to wipe out the lives on 2 babies because of potential anything, but especially autism makes my blood boil. If our priest, religious and lay people don't stop contributing to the culture of death with their silence and lack of involvement, they will come after us next. They will take us before our time because they can, and no one will be there to stop them. They will take my autistic boys after I am gone and no one will say a thing. If people like us do not speak out on these atrocities, who will? A priest who is pro-choice is no priest in my book. Outrage doesn't begin to describe how I feel about pro-abort Catholics.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Hateful, vile, wretch of a "man."
May he live to repent and believe in the Good News.

Mark said...

Dear "Thorn,"

I think this is the first time I've seen your blog, may God grant you His grace and strength.

as the parent of a 20yr old with Aspergers Syndrome, I have no words for the people who would kill their pre-born children because of what might be, never knowing the depths of love they will miss. Rachael weeps for her children, and I can only observe from a broken heart for these people who are in reality homocidal maniacs:

Consider the deepest, most incredible experience of love you have ever had with another person. Now consider that that person has just died tragically, and a hole has been ripped in your heart, a hole that nothing ever will fill, but you will somehow have to learn to live with. You fool, who kill your children, that hole is in your heart, because your heart was made in the image of God, and that child was meant to occupy that space. You will never be able to fill it, because it bears the name of your child. - the grief of loss of what was known is managable, the grief of loss of what you have not known, is an impenetrable ocean.

Only in God's mercy is healing of heart to be found, but only if there is a contrite and humble heart ready to be healed.

Bede said...

I know what you mean about pro-abort Catholics...

Michelle Therese said...

The phrase we should come to fear the most is, "non-productive to society"!! This phrase opens the door to eliminate human beings.

Zach said...

This guy is a poor excuse for a man. He is nothing but a 47 year old child who hasn't yet let go of not only his selfishness, but has yet to develope any sort of moral compass. I pity him.