Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finding words

Angel Whispers
Dear Mommy,
Before we said our first hello,
the time had already passed.
For when you held us in your arms,
We had gone to heaven to rest.
We felt angelic tears down our cheeks,
and watched you as you wept.
We wish we could have changed it all,
Your tears touched our souls so deep.
But Mommy when you are sad,
please be assured we know.
For death cannot take away your love,
it will only continue to grow.
Time and distance cannot erase,
a love and bond so deep.
There is no bond that can compare,
and in your heart we'll keep.
When you are feeling far away,
and missing us so much,
close your eyes and feel our wings,
there soft and gentle touch.
Or at night as you sleep,
we'll join you in a dream.
You will see us standing close to you,
and we'll be lost within our wings.
So dear Mommy ,
as you go from day to day.
Find comfort in the knowledge,
We are never that far away.
~ Author Unknown

Precious Little One
I`m just a precious little one who didn`t make it there.
I went straight to be with Jesus,
but I`m waiting for you here.
Many dwelling here where I live,
waited years to enter in.
Struggled through a world of sorow,
a world marred with pain and sin.
Thank you for the life you gave me,
it was brief but don`t complain.
I have all Heaven`s Glory,
suffered none of earth`s great pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me.
I`d have loved to bring it fame.
But if I`d lingered in earth`s shadows,
I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family-don`t you sorrow.
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus` arms
from my loving Mother`s womb.
~Author Unknown

What Makes A Mother
I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked, "What makes a Mother?"
And I know I heard him say
A Mother has a baby
This we know is true
But, God, can you be a mother
When your baby's not with you?
Yes, you can he replied
With confidence in his voice
I give many women babies
When they leave it is not their choice
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for the day
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay.

I just don't understand this God
I want my baby here

He took a breath
and cleared his throat
And then I saw a tear
I wish I could show you
What your child is doing Here

If you could see your child smile
With other children and say
"We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear,
but My mommy loved me so much
I got to come straight here!"
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me
I learned my lessons very quickly
My Mommy set me free.
I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day
When she goes to sleep
On her pillow is where I lay
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear
"Mommy, Please don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I am here"

So you see my dear sweet one
Your children are okay
Your babies are here in My home
And this is where they'll stay
They'll wait for you with Me
Until your lessons there are through
And on the day that you come home
they'll be at the gates waiting for you

So now you see
What makes a Mother
It's the feeling in your heart
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start
~Author Unknown

Lullabies
Daddy please don`t look so sad,
Mommy please don`t cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies.
Please do not try to question God,
don`t think He is unkind.
Don`t think He sent me to you and that
He changed His mind.
You see, I am special
and I`m needed up above.
I`m the special child you gave Him,
the product of your love.
I`ll always be there with you.
So watch the sky at night.
Find the brightest star that`s gleaming.
That`s my halo`s brilliant light.
So Daddy please don`t look so sad.
Mommy please don`t cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus.
And He sings me lullabies.
~Author Unknown



God in His Heaven

Wrote down our babies birth

And whispered as He closed the book,

“Too beautiful for this earth”.

4 comments:

Dymphna said...

Bless you!

Cathy said...

Thornie,
Those poems are so beautiful.
May God comfort you in your sorrow. I'm so, so sorry.

-Cathy

Kit said...

Thanks for posting those poems - gotta put in some more eyedrops in my scratched-up eyeball 'cause I just washed them out.

Hugs and more prayers,
K

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Beautiful!