Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Chicken Poop


So we need something as simple as razor blades here at the Thorn ranch and I found a deal for $10 off $25 and free shipping on drugstore.com. I needed another item to get my order over $25 so I purchased some Chicken Poop. Apparently, this is fabulous lip balm and I am low so I bought it. She has a website: Chicken Poop™ Lip Junk
How the balm got it's name:

The Name....Chicken Poop comes from Jamie’s goofy grandpa replying to her complaint of having dry lips. He’d say, “I know how to fix those dry lips, I’ll rub some chicken poop on ‘em so you won’t be lickin’ ‘em.” Brilliant, don’t you think?

a brief history...How it all began..Jamie Tabor Schmidt began making Chicken Poop after her best friend Claudia took her to Sephora, a cosmetic store lined from floor to ceiling with all kinds of make up goodness. She decided then and there she would have a product line by the age of 25. Good gravey, a hair pomade,was the first product she came up with. Requests came flying in for a tube version. So, in 2000 Jamie developed Chicken Poop. She has seven other products in the making. The next to market will be Kill It Dead, a natural spray deodorant.


I just thought I would share in case anyone else needed a giggle. Wow, they have a "Kiss Me. I've got Chicken Poop on my Lips!" sticker for only two bucks.

5 comments:

deb said...

It might make it hard to convince your hubby to snuggle up with you if you have on this lip balm. LOL

a thorn in the pew said...

Yeah, I thought of that. I will be bummed if this stuff is really good because I got it for 1.99 and only purchased one. It would have made a cute stocking stuffer at that price.

Tracy said...

too funny!! What a crazy name.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hey there! It's lovely to meet you. I remember many of your comments on Michelle's blog. It's a wonder I'm only introduced to your blog now :)

Lily said...

You will have to update us and let us know how it is! Sounds gross, but it is quite funny. I'll bet it is yummy though. My boys would get hysterical over such a lip balm...boys find things like that especially funny!