Sunday, April 1, 2007

"You behave now, okay?"

Yesterday I went to a local religious store to pick up some items for Easter. I found some wonderful cards from a company HERE. It is a local company and they have very cool vintage style holy cards and greeting cards. I bought them not knowing what occasion I would give them on but only having one left of each, I bought them. Fast forward to later in the early evening. I had planned on going out shopping last night but my mother has been very sick with an awful cold and has been given quite a cross to bear in her emotional/spiritual life(keep her in your prayers) so I decided to get the cards out of the bag and take them to her. The one is very different. It is a prayer bouquet that you can fill in however many prayers(Our Fathers, Hail Mary's and Glory Be's) to give to someone on the back. I jumped in the van and began praying and I stopped in the grocers to quickly pick up a flower to bring her. I got to the checkout and my purchase(only one rose) was rung and paid for and before I left the gal says "You behave now, okay?" Ok. I walked out totally confused by those words and wondering if that was God winking again or God knowing I'm particularly struggling right now and about to blow a gasket. I took the items to my mother not sure why I was so bent on getting over there with this as I had planned on going to the mall last night and grocery shopping(none of which happened). Here she had prayed for St. Therese to send her a rose and I came through the door with one. No wonder I felt as if I was on auto-pilot. I mean I really did...it was odd. So now this morning, those words "You behave now, okay?" are ringing through my head. I'm wondering what situation is about to present itself that I may behave badly. What an odd thing to happen. I will have to keep you posted on this one.

No comments: