Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rant.

I had a rough day. First, I had a supernatural not so nice event that kind of kicked off the horrid stuff. I knew at that point to be careful and I kept my Benedictine crucifix close by. I was supposed to meet my brother for a drink and dinner in a local place that I had "a lot" of gift certificates for that were to expire. We get there, sit down, waited a long time for someone to take our order. Ordered a beer, then food. I have 3 times the amount of gift certificates compared to the amount of food we ordered. We ask for the bill and I presented my gift certificates and the owner refused to take them. Okay then. Thankfully, I was just with my brother at the time but regardless, this situation warranted me becoming firm and standing my ground. I would not have come to this place if I hadn't had the gift certificates. I purchased them from a local radio station during a promotion and paid "real money" to get these. I come home, miffed, in tears, told my husband, he wasn't happy. So I am looking them up on the Internet to see if anyone else had problems with this place and came across a group in Northern KY called "Drinking Liberally" that is meeting at this place tomorrow night. Hmm, wonder if he will offer this group any "deals"? Mind you, the owner wouldn't even give us a couple bucks off or well, anything. He actually wanted me to feel sorry for him because he made a stupid business decision in advertising with this radio station. Wow, that's a liberal. I'm out all this money for gift certificates and now, not so good food, and he is playing the victim. Thankfully, my brother's burger was good. My food, not so much. Whatever. Sorry for the rant. Liberals are about to put me over the edge. Blaming a customer for running their business shabbily. Unreal. So I am out around $74 for bad food and to support a place that isn't making wise business choices(and supporting democrat candidates for congress...woohoo). If I didn't rant here, I think I would have imploded. I know God allowed it to happen. For the record, I didn't swear, I didn't raise my voice and I kept my cool better than I thought I was capable. On the other hand, I have, as a business owner, given customers free shipping, gifts, shipping upgrades, rush service, taken expired gift certificates, etc., in the name of ethics and customer service. I guess that is what put me over the edge. Knowing I would never treat a customer like I was treated tonight(like a criminal). The moral of the story is, be careful eating and drinking in a "liberal" establishment. He really felt like he was the victim and there was no convincing him otherwise. Eater beware. Now, back to my "trying to behave" Lent.

4 comments:

FloridaWife said...

Hey, I posted that cute outfit you gave Raffaele on my blog.

Donna said...

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience when you were just looking for a nice evening out. It's hard to know who to do business with anymore. Uggh! Have you contacted the radio station that sold the certificates? You may also want to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I agree with Donna. Also, you should "out" that business owner by NAME. That's just horrible.

a thorn in the pew said...

The name of the place is Mahogany's and we have YET to be reimbursed for this awful treatment. They are in Latonia and I hope one day he realizes what a poor business decision he has made by ripping off customers.