Sunday, January 4, 2009

Never forget

I purchased a living tree(at a hefty discount) that we are going to plant in the yard and decorate each year for the babies. I think it will help with the closure and moving on period of my life. I feel like I need to do something to honor them and so they know we aren't looking to replace them or push their memories away. Here is the link:
Christmas Village Tree
The sweet house ornaments are worth the money alone but a memorial tree would be something the kids can help decorate each year. I hope we can keep it alive. We have had miniature trees before and they are fickle.
I don't think God would want me to take my losses for granted. I hope this is a good step toward healing and putting things in the proper place. I feel this push from my environment to move on and I don't know if I am ready. I am doing the best I can. The continuous symptoms are not letting me move on, it's an all day reminder. I got back to work this weekend. I am late on a line that needed to be completed in December so I am playing catch up. That's okay. The house is about to get very quiet again. I need to be productive for my sanity.

2 comments:

Vent-ilation said...

What a beautiful memorial. I hope your body and your heart and your head will start working together so you can feel that you really are healing. You've been in my prayers.

andnotbysight said...

I think the tree is a wonderful idea--I've heard of people planting trees before, but not decorating them. I love that the whole family can be part of that. I'll keep praying for your healing, too!