Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random things about Me

25 Random things about me



Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.

If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you and I am soo glad you have come into my life.


(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type

your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. I have lived in Cincinnati, Northern KY, West Lafayette, Winston-Salem, Taiwan and Buffalo.
2. I have 2 sons with Asperger's Syndrome.
3. I adore coffee, salmon, raspberries and good Irish whiskey(although not all at the same time).
4. My confirmation name is Mary Francis.
5. I am a former liberal and feminist.
6. I love the colors aqua and coral.
7. I loathe cold weather and snow. I depresses the snot out of me.
8. I had every intention of becoming a Carmelite nun immediately before I met my husband.
9. I have freckles(weh).
10. I have always had a passion for architecture, history and fashion.
11. My matron of honor pitched a hissy fit the day of my wedding.
12. My brother and I got lost in Rome the night JPII fell in the tub and hurt his femur. They wouldn't let us in St. Peter's Square because the ambulance was there and they worried about security.
13. I hate being cold(see #7).
14. I love Dean Martin, Patsy Cline, Dave Matthews Band and Gregorian Chant.
15. I think it's freaking amazing Al Gore invented the Internet and global warming.
16. I love all things girly but I don't typically get along with most women. Maybe because I hate chick flicks and the Lifetime Channel.
17. I am passionately pro life.
18. I have a secret Catholic blog(shhh...).
19. I love the smell of opening a jar of dry roasted peanuts or a fresh bag of original M&M's.
20. After growing up in a liberal Catholic church and falling away from the faith, I am a traditional Roman Catholic now that believes everything my faith teaches(the pope is truly my hero). I love everything about being Catholic.
21. I'm so cold my left foot just fell asleep.
22. I am protective of my children's faith and what they learn(which is why we may home school next year).
23. I miss my grandma and Aunt Helen. I named my daughter, in part, to honor them.
24. Some people are offended by my sarcastic sense of humor. Those who know me can handle it.
25. My husband and I met in an online chat room. I had a hard time letting go of my hopes of becoming a nun. I must really love him. ;)

Okay, I did this for Facebook. If you took the time to read all this right now, you have been tagged. Get to work!

2 comments:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

That was really good! I think I'll skip it since I talk all about myself all the time and probably everyone knows it all already...maybe I'll have to try to come up with some surprising things?

Unknown said...

I came across your blog and I noticed you used to be from West Lafayette-- that's where I'm from! I'm also Catholic!

I was hoping you might check out my new blog and pass it on to anyone that might be interested-
http://www.helpforhumanity.blogspot.com/
Thanks!