Sunday, February 17, 2008

So much news

I haven't had time to post much in the last few days. So much goings on and I didn't have time to post. This huge wholesale order is taking over our lives and I should be done soon(I have to be). I was able to tour "the school" on Friday and it was a day full of signs and comfort. The school is small and definately a secret. If people knew how kind the teachers are, how many perks there were to being in this small school, it wouldn't be so small anymore. I was able to meet many of the teachers and the principal took me throughout all the rooms and places my kids would be during the day. I was able to get in a bit of work in the afternoon before we zoomed back over to St. Bernard's for the fish fry. I was able to meet Mr. Thorn there after work and theat way we had time to eat before stations at 7pm.
A boy came to the table and asked if I had been in his school that day and asked which of the children would be in his class. My oldest son answered and the two of them really hit it off. They played cards together after dinner and served for Father at stations that night. The boy was so polite and nice and if I had any doubts about where my kids should go to school, they were dispelled Friday evening. I am sad about leaving where they are now, I know they will be too. The benefits far outweigh any negatives(like distance). The principal where they are now has been amazing. The teachers there were always so kind and patient with my boys(even on bad days). But due to changes in class sizes and finances, we have been forced into finding another home for them. I pray that God continues to guide us.
I have been so "not stressed" since being at St. Bernards. The people have been very friendly and kind and I don't feel like a fish out of water anymore. The way things are are fine by me and a welcome change from what we went through in the past year and a half.
Today we go to the birthday party and I am praying that my neice has a nice day. I don't want fireworks in the family to ruin her day. I will get another breather after this order ships out on Tuesday. Until then we will be cutting and sewing like crazy here.

No comments: