Wednesday, November 28, 2007

That Mother...

A Prayer of Hope
Sometimes I feel like all is lost. We've all felt that. We've felt like "it's finished", "we're bankrupt". Some of you are spiritually bankrupt. What do you do at those moments? I look up and say, "I put all my trust in You." That's a prayer of hope. Try it sometime.


Get Out of the Way
I've learned that when you deal with God, get out of the way! I think that's the best advice I could offer you. Because He has plans that we wouldn't think of in a million years. You need to just let God do whatever He wants to do; and watch what happens.


Stress and Tension
If you're experiencing stress or tension give it to Jesus. Tell Him, "I feel like crawling the wall, but I love You and I want to give this to You." Do you think our Lord wasn't tense living with those twelve screwball apostles?


- from Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

1 comment:

Lily said...

I needed to read these today.