Saturday, November 3, 2007

All Souls...


We were able to go to Mass last night without any major traffic problems or hiccups. It was so nice and I was glad we went. The kids had a lot of questions. My oldest asked me if "we were the Church militant?" after the homily. He was not just paying attention he was "getting it" and I was taken aback(Thank you Father). After Mass, we waited in line forever for a table down the street for dinner. The kids were starving since we fasted most of the afternoon. I think they ate a whole loaf of bread waiting for dinner.(I felt bad feeding them that late.) Hope everyone had meaningful and spiritual All Saint's/Soul's Day.
UPDATE: I forgot something. My daughter(on the otherhand), asks after the homily "Can I be a saint blah-blah-blah?". I say "blah-blah-blah" because I couldn't hear her the first time. I whispered "Mommy couldn't hear", assuming she was going to say something profound and moving. To which she responded in a whisper "I want to be a saint for Halloween next year". Ohhhhh....I suppose it's a start. That's the mind of a six year old. Take it or leave it. She could have asked to be Bratz next year in the middle of Mass...

No comments: