Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sew what?

I've been hunkered down in my studio sewing a mermaid and (happy)ghost costume for two days. If things hadn't been so topsy-turvy in the family last week, they would have been done. So I sew. Now I'm worried about keeping the aesthetic of the mermaid(sea-like) while staying warm tonight so I am off to pick up a leotard. Sigh....
I'm not a fan of Halloween. We don't decorate and we don't make a huge deal out of it with the kids. I sort of want to get this over with. I can't imagine I am alone with this thought.
We hope to get over to St. Bernard's the next two days for Mass. Tomorrow will be challenging since we need to leave the house at 6:15 and then add in morning traffic. I'm sure there will be a story to come out of the preparation or getting there since this is not the norm for us. I'm off to buy sausage, muffins and a leotard...what a combination.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

nope, your not alone, I was dreading the trick and treating but it went really fast, the buckets were full in less than an hour and we have a one bucket limit and time to go home and snack!!