Monday, September 10, 2007

Have a happy Conception Day!

Russian province gets set for 'Conception Day'
This is just whacked. If you read carefully, they are expecting these women to get pregnant and then deliver on the same day, June 12 to get prizes? I can't stop laughing to type.
Sergei Morozov, who this year awarded prizes ranging from a television to a Russian-made all-terrain vehicle for giving birth on Russia's Constitution Day on June 12.

Here's a thought to help out the Russians. Ban abortion and cut back on the birth control in a serious manner. That might do it. I must admit I'd love a Hummer for giving birth.
The tradition of awarding prizes for giving birth dates back to Soviet times, when women could be named "Hero Mothers" for having especially large families.


Now the Hero Mother thing, I like that. While I don't have a huge family, I'd love to see some mega families mothers get Hummers too! Or cargo vans... I have also witnessed many heroic women struggle with infertility though and they are the ones that should get the plasma televisions and vacations in Aruba.

Anyway, those silly Russians just look at life different. I'd be all for a Conception Day here. Prizes would be nice too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray hooray! They should definately give out prizes for giving birth, no matter what day it happens to be on.

"The tradition of awarding prizes for giving birth dates back to Soviet times, when women could be named "Hero Mothers" for having especially large families."

I whole heartedly agree with you on this one. They should give tons of stuff to families with lots of children that were not all born at the same time. (I'm thinking more like Duggers and not John and Kate + 8.)

God Bless!