Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm coming out of hiding...


I adore Dean Martin. As I am gathering our music for the trip, I am including my favorite mob hits and some Dino. Am I alone? Perhaps. I'm fairly certain I am in my age group. Some of my favorite songs are Non Dimenticar, Sway and Innamorata. There, I've come clean. My oldest son loved Mambo Italiano when he was little. My daughter, she was more into Angelina/Zooma Zooma by Louis Prima....she would get her feet and hands going in her car seat. I have been working while hunting music today. We leave in one week and one day. I think I'm anxious, is it obvious?

5 comments:

Lily said...

My repertoire of music was much slimmer in days gone by. Now, I like everything from jazz to country to classical. My teenage dd recently bought Ella Fitzgerald, she is into all sorts of music too! Those mob hits are great music, fun to sing along with...you can actually understand what they're saying!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, like thanks for comin' clean. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh to return to the days when Dino walked the earth. And, please know that you are not alone....indeed it is refreshin' to see that many of today's youth are turnin' to our Dino. BTW have you heard 'bout the new Dinotrib release comin' out August 14? It's tagged "Dean Martin: Forever Cool." For more info on this and to enjoy more Dinotreasures, please feel free to click on my Dinoblog.

a thorn in the pew said...

It's good to know I am not as odd as I thought I was. My kids still ask me put on one of my Dean cd's when we have spaghetti dinner. I will have to look up that tribute.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, so glad to know that you are feelin' less Dinolonely...and how cool that your young people love that Dinosound as well. Lookin' forward to havin' you visit the ilovedinomartin blog.

Unknown said...

My goodness, you have taste.

I think Dean Martin's work is aging much better than Sinatra's, which would have been taken as heresy a few decades ago. Sometime's Dean's over the top, but not very often. You can admire Frank's craftmanship, but Dean creates that rare, personal connection with the listener which is just timeless.

Dean once said the only secret to his success as a vocalist was that he tried to imitate Bing Crosby as much as possible.