Friday, June 15, 2007

Morning


So we ran out of our regular coffee AND only have skim milk here. Made for some interesting shenanigans. The boys call it glow in the dark milk. On the flip side, I haven't had french roast in a long time and that was all I had. Whole bean, Starbucks, French Roast. They should call it spaz in a cup. I'm only through my first vat and I'm all antsy.
Another note, my daughter was invited to a party at Libby Lu tomorrow. We have no idea what to expect. Never done this. It looks like there will be a lot of pink, glitter and smelly stuff. As long as there is no hoochie-mama clothing involved, we should be fine. I'm growing a bit freaky over the clothing choices for the size 4 and up crowd. Modesty and taste is just not part of the marketing plan.

6 comments:

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

You tried signing up with Gevalia? Their European blends are fantastic.

Cathy said...

My poor daughter is so screwed.
If she came home with something that said, "It's all about me", I would make her set it on fire.
;)

(I'm sure Libby Lu is just a fun little girl thing, in the end.)

a thorn in the pew said...

We've already battled, dd and I. I will tell her we have to be pretty and not tarty. Then I quickly whisk to something else before she starts asking the series of questions that lead to the "S" topic. I've a few years yet...

a thorn in the pew said...

Simon, I had Gevalia years ago. I think I only tried 2 or 3 types. My favorite coffee is PEETS. Yum. They roast and ship the same day :) http://www.peets.com/

Hrothgar said...

A friend of mine in college was a serious Gevalia fan--brewed me a cup of their dark roast in a coffeemaker that, I think, also came from Gevalia. I confess I enjoyed it, although I was too short-sighted to invest in a year-long subscription.

If I do order online, I like the idea of buying freshly roasted beans. I've had Peets dark roast in their coffee shop and enjoyed it considerably. Roast and ship, same day? Sounds too good to be true.

Right now I'm just enjoying my storebought Trader Joe's organic Sumatra, which makes pretty much the best brew I've ever had. Dark, smoky, hint of cherry--you name the cliches, they fit with this coffee. Only available in store, though, sadly.

Best of luck with that 'glow in the dark' milk :)

Cathy said...

Digi,
The Trader Joe's in the can with the parrot on it is gooood coffee.
;)