Friday, April 6, 2007

Daughters of Mary Sacred Music


I wanted to share a wonderful new buy. This was a tip from another blogger and now I can't remember his name/site. I purchased this CD after listening to the samples online and I am very pleased and hope to order more. I bought the De Profundis and it has a great mix of Marian and Sacramental hymns. I am trying to decide which to buy next. Daughters of Mary has a website that has the music available. I know that I search for good music and love finding some great resources out there so I hope someone can use this information.
Also, my favorites are De Profundis and O Sacred Head Surrounded. Warning: it is so peaceful that it puts school age children to sleep in the van. You've been forewarned. (Photo credit: www.daughtersofmary.net)
Note: This order(Daughters of Mary) is not part of the Roman Catholic Church under the Holy Father. I just wanted to point that out because I didn't want people purchasing without this knowledge. I can say the music is very beautiful and well done. Until I find an order under the Holy Father that has similar hymns with very traditional appeal, I still highly recommend this CD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a dissident group that is not in full communion with the Church. They are part of the Pius V movement.

a thorn in the pew said...

Yes, they are part of SSPX. The music is wonderful and I have not found comparable music yet from a Latin Rite order but would love to find some. It is difficult to find sacred music that does not have contemporary or badly written hymns. If you know of any I would love to know of some!