Monday, March 5, 2007

Some great quotes to make you ponder

Ever since the days of Adam, man has been hiding from God and saying, "God is hard to find."
- Bishop Fulton Sheen

"Not my will, but Yours be done"....
By obeying we raise ourselves beyond our littleness and we can act in conformity
with an infinite wisdom... Through obedience we become infinitely powerful.
- St. Maximilian Kolbe

You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness.
You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness.
You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you.
I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more.
- St. Augustine

Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be and becoming that person.
- Saint Therese of Lisieux

Sometimes you just close your eyes and jump... you don't think too long or maybe you just won't. Sometimes you just follow your heart, don't analyze too long, or maybe it might just be gone.
- Carrie Newcomer

All we need do is to voice these two petitions: Dear Lord, illumine my intellect to see the Truth, and give me the strength to follow it.
- Bishop Fulton Sheen

1 comment:

FloridaWife said...

I like Saint Therese's quote!