Friday, March 30, 2007

Coincidence or God Winks?

The mysterious ways that Christ works in our lives will never be fully understood. Last night a very odd coincidence occured. The story is not particularly important but what followed is amazing. Basically it was a story of meeting someone significant in an odd place, unexpectedly. Thinking about it all night, wondering if it's not a coincidence, then what the heck is it? Well, read on, now I know. As Lent unfolds and I feel isolation and hurt, Jesus breathes a whisper into my life to let me know He hears my cry for help and is with me in my pain. In telling my tale of coincidence to a dear friend today, she asked me if I had ever heard of a book called God Winks. I hadn't but she shared a story about Emmett Kelly's daughter that can be found HERE. The book can be found here: When GOD Winks: How the Power of Coincidence Guides Your Life .
Now I am not advocating this as Catholic reading, I'm just relaying my story. Oddly enough, my young daughter asked "How does God give you signs?" out of nowhere. And to that I responded "Okay God, I get it". So if you are wandering and feeling abandoned, fear not. God will wink at you soon, just pay attention. Thank you God. I get it now.

No comments: