Friday, January 12, 2007

On Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori. Again.

Here is another example of why this woman perplexes the heck out of me. A journalist from Little Rock interviews her with the current events in Virginia and the upcoming visit to Tanzania. It's a long read but she seems to reiterate Episcopalian desire not to answer questions regarding faith but to help people come to their own conclusions. This seems fine for a high school physics class but this is a human soul and everlasting life we are discussing. Does she believe in scripture? She has an odd take on John 14:16. "eliminate other possibilities" for coming to the Father? Just scary that she has such a pivotal role and makes things so much worse every time she is interviewed.

As my grandmother used to say, "Don't get your bowels in an uproar". I tend to do that when I read things heretical in nature. So I should just go back to work for the evening.

No comments: