Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Catholic strike against IVF

Here is an example of how it should be happening in ALL Catholic hospitals. This hits me personally as our local Catholic hospital is taking "blood money" from the Komen Foundation for their mammography van and treated my husband and I like aliens when we wanted to to bring in a "specimen" from home the Catholic/moral way. I think it is wrong for them to have any treatments or prescriptions available in a Catholic hospital when they receive funding from US(as in you and I). On our road through infertility, I plan on revisiting NaProTechnology and adoption and it is my hope and prayer that more is done through the hospitals in this direction. I wish the Church would be more outspoken(even on a parish level) on the risks both to a woman's health and soul of infertility treatments and birth control. It is still taboo and too many shy away from this subject. I am a big fan of NaproTechnology and my husband and I have used this for 11 years with 3 successful pregnancies. Here is an interesting article on its success stories: Agents of Change

2 comments:

FloridaWife said...

That Agents of Change article was great.

Thank you for that!!!!

Hey, I linked to you from my blog regarding this article.

By the way, how did you find out about my blog?

a thorn in the pew said...

I am a visitor on the Catholic Fertility website based out of Cincinnati and saw your post in the forum. You linked your blog there. Yeah, that was a cool story and I am beginning to re-think my Creighton Model charts and experience. I have called the institute and they have always been so kind to me and helpful. They were so sweet to me after my misscarriage.