Thursday, March 10, 2011

Foster/adopt update and a "wth?"


We had a panel meeting this week for our fostering adopt class. We had a state worker, a foster family, adopted teen, etc. It was good, put me in a place where I had some questions answered and we are now one meeting and 2 home visits away from completion.
Then. Then...CD1....a 23 days cycle. That is my official "wth?". Never had a 23 day anything. Didn't even get my HCG injections post peak and CD1. Boo for CD1. Boo, I say. Haha. At 43 I can say whatever I want about CD1.
So I took my 8 Femara pills...went off my HCG diet, plan on starting back up next week(yeah, I am breaking all the rules) and just dealing best I can. My friends are edging closer to their "birth dates" and I am doing okay. They are in the over-35 crowd and honestly, an inspiration so I am okay. Now if they were 20-somethings and mean to me and insensitive, that's another matter. I know all this....this stuff, this miscarriage, infertility, miscarriage, weight loss, weight gain, loss, friend 1 then 2 then another, then HCG for me, another year older, friends due dates....this stuff, is all for a reason. I just don't know what ha is. I pray that God leads me in the right direction. I also hope that if I should stop hoping, I be lead away so I can move on. But I am still here, desiring family, children, babies, mommydom.

So there it is. In all it's glory. So tonight, a night out with the girls(I hope) and then work on my business, get homeschool grades together and get my Lent on. I need to blog hop and see what he other infertile/MC ladies are up to...

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like things are coming along really good on the foster/adopt front.. I hated how much we had to go through for the license.. some of it was good and very interesting and of course informative.. some of it I was feeling like "duh.. do you really think we are that dumb"
We actually had two calls for respite care last week, we turned them both down though, I'm not up to doing feeding tubes, oxygen tanks etc. and both cases involved children with extreme health issues.
Have a Blessed season of Lent!!

the misfit said...

I love, love, love despairinc, but who is that weird guy in the poster?

I am interested to hear more about this foster care prep...I think if I were going to go any children-who-are-not-my-biological-children route, it would be foster care. So I am really interested to see other people doing that - you definitely don't see as much of that.

Bangalore Beauty Talk said...

honey, email me if you decide to try Premium Beautiful corset.
other than IVF or IUI, u might want to consider this.

PB corset has built-in far infrared rays which balances our female hormones, regulates menstrual cycle, reduces multiple cysts in the ovary which may be the reason of infertility, and most importantly it has helped many couples to conceived within a month or two of wearing it :)
Yes it is a corset, and i know some people are so skeptical abt it. try first.

you can visit this
http://bangalorebeautytalk.blogspot.com/2011/03/trying-to-conceive-with-premium.html

there's no harm trying. we never know. goodluck to you dear!

Toyin O. said...

Praying for you:)