Monday, December 29, 2008

Irk and ow

The pain is bad again tonight. Worse, actually. I can't sleep. I have offered up what I could. I couldn't count the cramping where I complained. I have to share some hopeful and good news since I'm sure it seems like I have been down a lot lately. We found out this weekend we will be going to St. Pete, Florida in April. Our last trip in 2007 was such a positive experience for our family and the kids still talk about it all the time. It has suddenly helped me hope right through the pain and the tears, knowing that something wonderful is ahead. I'm not a fan of winter but I think I can deal knowing there is a "trophy" at the end of the snow and ice. If there are any blog readers in the area, let me know if there is an "orthodox" parish in the St. Pete area since we will be there Holy Week/Easter. The last time in the area, we attended the EF Mass at the St. Jude Shrine which we will do again. I am interested in the Holy Thursday/Good Friday and also a place for daily Mass that would be good. It is always a mixed bag when you travel and I would rather prepare now and not be stressed since it is an important time, liturgically.
Anyhoo, I'm in between cramping now and able to think clearly without wincing so I am trying to type before it comes back.

5 comments:

Sew said...

I love to visit different churches when out of town. :) I don't like at times what I am met with, but it is always an experience. I remember calling one church out of town and asked the lady on the other end if her parish was TRADITIONAL! She couldn't answer the question and by talking to her I knew she grew up Pre VATICAN II, you could tell she was an older woman. It kills me. If we don't stand for something, we will fall for anything. :)

I am so sorry you are still dealing with pain. That is great it gives you something to look forward too!! :)

FloridaWife said...

What!?!? NOooooooooooooooo..... I'm so sorry. I'm so very sorry. I'll pray for you.

i'm going to go back through your old posts now and see what happened.

Beth said...

Praying for you!

We went to St. Pete this past May and I think there's a shrine called Our lady of La Leche or something that I've heard good things about. Don't hold me to that - never been there but you might want to look into it!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, I am offering prayers for you for comfort and healing. How wonderful that you have a trip to look forward to. Travel dreams are my favorite way to get through the bad times.

Cheryl

Pablo the Mexican said...

Senora,

www.traditionalcatholicism.org

http://www.bvmacademy.org/audio-sermons-details.php?audioID=158

Father Joseph Pfeiffer

Father Timothy Pfeiffer

The mother of these two Priests miscarried fifteen times in a row. She promised the Lord if He would allow a son to her, she would raise him in the ways of the Lord, that he may one day become a Priest. The son born to her, at five years of age announced to his mother, without her
encouragement, "Mother, someday I shall be a Priest". Then Joseph was born, and four other sons.

Please listen to the sermons of these two Priests and may your heart be comforted; ask the Lord for a son. Ask and it shall be given to you.

May God our Lord in his infinite and supreme goodness be pleased to give us his abundant grace, that we may know his most holy will, and entirely fulfill it.


pablo