Sunday, September 14, 2008

Get a load of this...

I am feeling a huge amount of Catholic guilt tonight. I have power...A/C, electric the whole lot. Plus our house is intact. We had Ike and the Chicago winds converge on Cincinnati today and most of the Cincinnati area is without power.

Kenton County: ‘Disaster Area’

Our neighborhood is like a war zone. There are trees uprooted, shingles and siding off, it's freaky. My parents and brother have no power. We invited them here, they are going to rough it for now. I have no idea if the kids will have school or if Mr. Thorn will have work. I need to work. We didn't make it to the store so we are rationing milk. Never mind though, we have more than like everyone and I am trying to help and share. They don't know how long this will be out. We do have a different power company than most of Cincinnati so that may be one reason we were spared. They know there are at least three fatalities here. I hope everyone stays safe tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your neighbors in my prayers tonight. May God be merciful. You are so good to share in your need! Keep us posted, if you can. We are only feeling some winds here - the big rain subsided this morning. God Bless you and your family.

Lily said...

Prayers for you and your neighbors,
~Lily

Alexander said...

My power is still out.. posting this from work.