Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yeah, this is hopeful

Everything seemingly is spinning out of control

I find most people either oblivious or totally depressed by the current state of things. When people can't "fix it" they get spooked because they sense doom in "then who?". I have a friend that told me "our needs being met by God are not dependant upon the economic forecast" which I believe to be partly true. I think what our human needs are can be best determined by God, however. I may think I need television and A/C to survive, God knows what I actually need. Now that I found this cheery news story, I need to get ready for Mass.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I totally agree with your assessment of this, they are either depressed or don't even see it... good post!

Eve said...

Hi, there. I'm a new reader. St. Paul said that "if we have food and covering, with these we shall be content." Like you, especially living in a southern state, I think I need AC to have my needs met! But the truth is that God meets my every need. It's taken me a long time to really know and see that deep down inside, though.