Monday, April 7, 2008

What was I thinking?


After a long weekend of taxes and work, Mr. Thorn and I watched a movie to wind down. While the movie did address the issue of "the wages of sin", it wasn't a feel-good-lift-your-spirits film. We watched Sweeney Todd. I had seen the musical years ago, knew it was macabre, but the film was downright gory. Other than the gore, it adapted quite nicely from theater to film as far as the visuals and lyrics went(although I noticed some songs from the score were missing). The "Greek chorus" of "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd" was only an instrumental jag. Johnny Depp does weird so well. As hard as it was to watch the blood(aspect), the morality of the plot is, in a round-about way, a positive. Mr. Thorn had trouble shaving himself this morning. Other than that, we came out unscathed.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

yikes!!! I just rented this for my 14 yr old daughter... now, I'm not so sure she should watch it and I must admit.. I don't care to watch it with her.. it looks weird.