Saturday, November 3, 2007

What kind of idiot?

Poll: Most OK birth control for schools
"It's not the school's place to be parents," said Robert Shaw, 53, a telecommunications company manager from Duncanville, Texas. "For a school to provide birth control, it's almost like the school saying, 'You should go out and have sex.'"

This is just freaky. I guess because I don't know many "I don't care" parent-types, this shocks the heck out of me.
"Kids are kids," said Danielle Kessenger, 39, a mother of three young children from Jacksonville, Fla., who supports providing contraceptives to those who request them. "I was a teenager once and parents don't know everything, though we think we do."


Kids are kids? Then apparently parents aren't parents if that is truly the case. Idiots.

4 comments:

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Horrible attitude...towards our children..

Coffee Catholic said...

Beating head on wall...

gemoftheocean said...

Yeah, some will shoot heroine too. How about passing out clean needles.

FloridaWife said...

I agree with you. Parents need to be PARENTS to their children.