Friday, October 12, 2007

Not for the weak...


Tonight I made egg foo yung for dinner with soybeans, shrimp and egg. After dinner, I got adventurous and made our "faux" cannolis(ala low carb, in other words, not like the above photo). For those interested(is anyone but us low-carbing anymore?) I take half marscapone and half ricotta cheese and stir in 2-3 teaspoons of organic sugar(or sweetener) and a teaspoon of vanilla. We top with mini dark chocolate chips and whipped cream. Yeah, I know, no pastry tube and cocoa and such but its yummy after eating low carb oddities all day. So I get on the web to find some other add-ons to the cannolis and found this:
Cannoli By Mail
Wow. That looks good. I had to giggle at the ad at the bottom for a DVD called "The Holy Cannoli", without the Italian slant, it sounds like my family.
I make a mean biscotti at Christmastime but I will probably have to give them all away this year unless I make them with almond flour.
I thought that was a fun link and a great idea for those who don't want to attempt cannolis because of the tubes.

No comments: