Saturday, July 28, 2007

St. John Vianney Novena


I am on day two of this novena that started yesterday. Is anyone else on this? I'm praying this for a very dear friend. The story of St. John Vianney is one of my favorites too. Here is day two of this novena:

JULY 28 COMPLETE TRUST IN GOD

Saint John Marie Baptist Vianney, what confidence the people had in your prayers! You could not leave your old rectory or your humble church without being surrounded by imploring souls, who appealed to you as they would have appealed to Jesus Himself during His earthly life. And you, O good Saint, gave them hope by your words, which were full of love for God.
You, who had always counted entirely on the heart of God, obtain for me a deep filial trust in His Providence. As the hope of divine goods fills my heart, give me courage and help me to always obey the Commandments of God.
Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for ... (mention silently your special intentions).
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

The full novena can be found here:

Novena In Honor Of
Saint John Marie Vianney

2 comments:

Lily said...

St. John Vianney is one of my favorite saints! I found an old out of print book about him a couple of months ago which contained anecdotes about his life and miracles. I have other books about him that I've read as well. I love his sermons. A definite favorite of mine.

a thorn in the pew said...

I should take one of the books on him on the trip. I never got to finish it and I will be driving a longggg way.